COVID-19 - ENTERING THE REPUBLIC OF SLOVENIA / BORDER CROSSING
Measures at the borders and entry points to the Republic of Slovenia valid from 12.4. to 18.4.2021
People entering the Republic of Slovenia from the Czech Republic shall, due to potential infection with SARS-CoV-2 virus, be required to remain in quarantine for a period of ten (10) days.
It is not necessary to quarantine if on entry into Slovenia the person submits:
1) a negative PCR test for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 not older than 48 hours after taking the swab and performed in an EU Member State or a Schengen Area country, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland or the United States of America;
2) a certificate of a positive PCR test result for SARS-CoV-2 which is more than 21 days old but not more than six months old or a medical certificate confirming that the person has recovered from COVID-19 and that less than six months have elapsed since the onset of symptoms or
3) proof of a COVID-19 vaccination demonstrating that at least 7 days have elapsed since the second dose of the COMIRNATY Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, at least 14 days since the second dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine or 21 days since the first dose of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
Exceptions have been defined where no quarantine or negative test (PCR) is required upon entry. Entry from any red-listed country shall be allowed to:
1) persons posted to carry out tasks in international transport* or returning from such tasks;
2) persons engaged in trade who carry out the transport of goods or persons into the Republic of Slovenia or carry out the transport of goods and passengers in transit** and exit the Republic of Slovenia within 8 hours of entry, and persons engaged in trade who carry out the transport of goods or persons from the Republic of Slovenia and return to the Republic of Slovenia within 8 hours of exit;
3) persons transiting** the territory of the Republic of Slovenia and exiting the Republic of Slovenia within 6 hours of entry;
4) persons with diplomatic passports***;
5) representatives of foreign security authorities (the police or a judicial authority) who carry out official tasks and exit the Republic of Slovenia as soon as possible after completing these tasks, and representatives of Slovenian security authorities (the police or a judicial authority) who carry out official tasks and return from a foreign country as soon as possible after completing these tasks;
6) persons who have been transported to the Republic of Slovenia in an ambulance or other medical vehicle and the accompanying medical staff in said vehicle;
7) children under the age of 15 who cross the border together with a close family member who has not been put under home quarantine or has not been refused entry to Slovenia;
8) members of the protection and rescue services, healthcare services, the police and firefighting services and other persons who carry out humanitarian transport or provide assistance in rescue missions and eliminate the consequences of natural disasters and return to Slovenia within 24 hours of crossing the border;
9) members of the Slovenian Armed Forced returning from an international operation or mission;
10) members of the police or employees of state authorities returning from secondment abroad and employees of state authorities and accredited journalists on a business trip abroad****;
11) persons under the age of 15 who daily or periodically cross the border for reasons of education, training or scientific research in the Republic of Slovenia or an EU Member State or a Schengen Area country and provide sufficient proof thereof;
12) persons who own or lease land in the border area or on both sides of the state border and cross the state border with a neighbouring country for the purpose of carrying out agricultural and forestry work and return to Slovenia within 10 hours of crossing the border;
13) persons crossing the border for urgent reasons related to the elimination of an imminent risk to health, life or property or the occurrence of material damage who return to Slovenia within 12 hours of crossing the border.
10-day quarantine may end after negative test result is presented.
A more detailed information may be found at the main government portal, National Institute of Health and Police websites dedicated to the COVID-19 situation at the following links:
Citizens of the Czech Republic may direct their questions regarding entry and stay and/or transit through Slovenia also to the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Ljubljana: